The photo taken from the beach depicts the anchorage but does not show the village or the arroyos as
indicated by Charlie.  Charlie gives an excellent description of this anchorage and entrance thereof,
however it has been the author€™s experience that the best anchorage is off the arroyo with the small
fishing village.  A word of caution, anchor at about 30 ft. or more as practical, in an attempt to clear
wind and swell, the author dropped the anchor at 25 ft. or so off the village and in the next morning
€™s darkness, while attempting to haul anchor found the anchor chain securely fouled by the rocks
below.  Thus ensued about 15 minutes of maneuvering around and about with the engine until finally
the anchor and chain were freed.  After securing the anchor and returning to the steering pedestal, the
throttle was advanced and there was a horrible thump and grinding so the throttle was returned to the
neutral position. A glance over the stern revealed that a lobster trap had been caught and since we were
not going anywhere, the anchor was again reset. Some thought was given concerning the possibility of
leaping over the side to cut free the prop and shaft however, after a series of forward and backward
thrusts, yellow propylene line was noticed floating nearby and also at about the same time a panga with
two local fishermen was noticed tending their traps at a distance of about 100 yards. Since it appeared
that the prop was free, consideration was given to simply leaving, the lobstermen were not paying any
attention to the maneuvering of the boat. However, after considering the speed of the panga verses my
boat, it was decided to face the music so the lobstermen were waved over and the crime was admitted
to and $20.00 was paid as damages. They did check the prop and confirmed that it was not fouled.
Then the dance started again, the anchor was found again firmly fouled in the rocks below so the
maneuvering was again started around the fouled anchor with the engine with no success. The manual
Simpson-Lawrence Sea tiger windlass was then used in low gear which pulled the bow to within a few
feet of the water surface still to no avail.  As the author was standing there considering his options,
there was a pop and twang as the chain and anchor came free and passage to Cedros was started
arriving and anchoring off the village at about 11:00 p.m.